Before redevelopment, the initial residential building was constructed in 1895. An addition was constructed in 1951 and a garage space was added in 1966. Originally, the house was used as a single family owner occupied home. At time of purchase by Dr. Graetz, the house has been rented out to multiple tenants.
During inspection of the old home, asbestos and lead base paint was found through out the structure. Proper environmental remediation was needed during the demolition process to ensure safety to the workers and proper disposal of contaminants.
This location was strategically chosen to provide walk-ability and nearness to the Tart Trail, to encourage health and exercise for clients.
This project revitalized the corner with a 1‐story medical office building. The newly constructed building has a faux second story, in accordance with the City’s Eighth Street vision. Construction commenced in March of 2014, and was competed November 2014.